My goal as I have mentioned many times. . . is to qualify for the Crossfit Games. Over the past week or so I have made a few changes to my regimen, but I now feel confident that I have a solid plan to reach a smaller goal by the crossfit open next year. Qualify for the South East Regionals. There is a lot I need to improve on between now and march to make this dream a reality. I feel that if I train as hard as I can and try to eliminate as many weaknesses as possible that I will have a decent shot. However, I am not expecting to qualify for Regionals; that is my goal and I am going to do everything in my power to make it happen. The result in the end is all dependent on weather its God's will or not. If it happens to be that I make regionals, then great, but if not then I will except it and continue to train as hard as possible for the next year. Now its time to talk about all the training and hard work that is going to have to happen between now and march. When it comes...
This past Thursday I went up to Lynchburg, Virginia, to visit Liberty University. I was up there for what they call CFAW (college for a weekend). I left Thursday morning and arrived there around 4pm. We checked in, found the room I was staying in, had dinner, and walked around campus for a while. That night we went to a welcome meeting with the other 2,000 high school students attending CFAW. Afterwards I headed back to my room and got to know some of the students there and here what they had to say about Liberty. Before I continue to go on with what I did this weekend, here is a little bit about Liberty. Liberty is the largest Christian university in the world with 14,000 residential students and over 100,000 online students. They have the most recreational facilities of any college I've even been to or visited. Facilities that are free to students include; - gun range - multiple camp sites - 50 miles of hiking trails (mountain biking) - motor cross ...
1445 clean 2 x 135, 155, 185, 205, 225, 245, 255, 1 x 275, 285, 300f push press 3 x 135, 155, 185, 195, 205, 215, 225f 4 rounds for time 10 deadlifts (245 lbs) 10 toes to bar 10 dumbbell push press (50 lbs) 10 kettlebell swings (70 lbs) my score: 9:47 50 strict handstand push ups (sets of 10) weighted sit ups 3 x 15 x 70 lbs • sleep 7.5 hours • notes: attempted 300 4 times on the clean and got under all of them. My goal is to get it before my birthday, so I got about a week and a half. Metcon was a lot worse than it looked. My grip went away very quickly which had a big impact on my overall time.
Comments
Post a Comment