Liberty University Trip Recap
This past Thursday I went up to Lynchburg, Virginia, to visit Liberty University. I was up there for what they call CFAW (college for a weekend). I left Thursday morning and arrived there around 4pm. We checked in, found the room I was staying in, had dinner, and walked around campus for a while. That night we went to a welcome meeting with the other 2,000 high school students attending CFAW. Afterwards I headed back to my room and got to know some of the students there and here what they had to say about Liberty.
Before I continue to go on with what I did this weekend, here is a little bit about Liberty. Liberty is the largest Christian university in the world with 14,000 residential students and over 100,000 online students. They have the most recreational facilities of any college I've even been to or visited. Facilities that are free to students include;
- gun range
- multiple camp sites
- 50 miles of hiking trails (mountain biking)
- motor cross trails
- lake with beach area and kayaks and canoes
- "David's place" (ping pong, pool tables, etc.)
- equestrian center
- disgolf course
- paintball course
- ice skating rink
- sand volleyball courts
- year round ski/snowboard slopes (snow flex)
- skate park
- fitness center with rogue fitness equipment and a pool
- I could keep going on with more, but I'll stop here.
On the way up to Liberty I was thinking about visiting a crossfit gym. After seeing all of Liberty's fitness equipment there was no need for me to visit one. They have literally everything you need from rogue infinity rig, rings, GHDs, boxes, barbbells, bumper plates, anything you can think of they have it. They also have a Crossfit Club. I got to meet the president of the club and talked to him about how it was run. They do small classes for students and currently have about 75 students in the club. They have 3 certified coaches and also put together teams for local conpetitions. The president grew up with Ben Smith and trains with him some weekends, so if I'm lucky I might be able to work into that somehow.
Throughout the weekend I got to go to classes, one on one sessions, financial aid seminars, a concert, hockey game, and football game. There is absolutely nothing I didn't like about Liberty. It is definitely in my top two schools for college. As of right now my plans for majors are international business and either arabic or chinese. The only other school that is in the running with Liberty would be the Naval Academy. However, I will be visiting other colleges just to get a feel for what they have to offer. We will see what happens with all of this college stuff. I will give regular updates about where I am in the processs.
Drew
Before I continue to go on with what I did this weekend, here is a little bit about Liberty. Liberty is the largest Christian university in the world with 14,000 residential students and over 100,000 online students. They have the most recreational facilities of any college I've even been to or visited. Facilities that are free to students include;
- gun range
- multiple camp sites
- 50 miles of hiking trails (mountain biking)
- motor cross trails
- lake with beach area and kayaks and canoes
- "David's place" (ping pong, pool tables, etc.)
- equestrian center
- disgolf course
- paintball course
- ice skating rink
- sand volleyball courts
- year round ski/snowboard slopes (snow flex)
- skate park
- fitness center with rogue fitness equipment and a pool
- I could keep going on with more, but I'll stop here.
On the way up to Liberty I was thinking about visiting a crossfit gym. After seeing all of Liberty's fitness equipment there was no need for me to visit one. They have literally everything you need from rogue infinity rig, rings, GHDs, boxes, barbbells, bumper plates, anything you can think of they have it. They also have a Crossfit Club. I got to meet the president of the club and talked to him about how it was run. They do small classes for students and currently have about 75 students in the club. They have 3 certified coaches and also put together teams for local conpetitions. The president grew up with Ben Smith and trains with him some weekends, so if I'm lucky I might be able to work into that somehow.
Throughout the weekend I got to go to classes, one on one sessions, financial aid seminars, a concert, hockey game, and football game. There is absolutely nothing I didn't like about Liberty. It is definitely in my top two schools for college. As of right now my plans for majors are international business and either arabic or chinese. The only other school that is in the running with Liberty would be the Naval Academy. However, I will be visiting other colleges just to get a feel for what they have to offer. We will see what happens with all of this college stuff. I will give regular updates about where I am in the processs.
Drew
Comments
Post a Comment