Crossfit Games Training Update

My goal as I have mentioned many times. . . is to qualify for the Crossfit Games.

Over the past week or so I have made a few changes to my regimen, but I now feel confident that I have a solid plan to reach a smaller goal by the crossfit open next year. Qualify for the South East Regionals. There is a lot I need to improve on between now and march to make this dream a reality. I feel that if I train as hard as I can and try to eliminate as many weaknesses as possible that I will have a decent shot. However, I am not expecting to qualify for Regionals; that is my goal and I am going to do everything in my power to make it happen. The result in the end is all dependent on weather its God's will or not. If it happens to be that I make regionals, then great, but if not then I will except it and continue to train as hard as possible for the next year.

Now its time to talk about all the training and hard work that is going to have to happen between now and march.

When it comes to my new training plan. . . its not very complicated. Its based on developing the "5 tool player" (Strength, Skills, Conditioning, Mental Game, and Mobility). I am not going to take the time to dive into each one of those categories specifically, but I will say that I will be working on improving each of those daily. I will be performing two sessions of 3 hours each day with Thursdays and Sundays acting as active recovery days where I will be mountain biking, hiking, swimming, or things of the same sorts. Also, every Thursday and Sunday I am going to make it a point to try and recover the best that I can. This will include: ice baths, hot tub, sauna, mobility work, nutrition (supplements), and sleep. I will be spending time each day on mobility, but on Thursdays and Sundays I am going to plan on 2 hours. My nutrition goal isn't specific, but I will be trying to consume 200+ grams of protein and drink my body weight in ounces of water every day. I will be using Progenex for supplements; of which I will be taking Recovery, More Muscle, Cocoon, Force, and possibly Omega+. I will be trying to sleep a minimum of 8 hours every night with hopes of getting 9 to 10. Another thing that I believe is going to help me tremendously is training with Hudson Fricke a couple times each week. He is a top 10 regionals competitor, and I feel that I will be able to learn a lot by consistently training with him.

In addition, I will compete in multiple local, and maybe even a few out of state, big name competitions to get comfortable and familiar with competition day. One benefit of doing these type of competitions is that it helps you realize what you need to work on and what type of movements or workouts you struggle with. I also believe this will be a good way for me to get my name out in the crossfit world and be recognized, which in the long run will hopefully bring along some sponsors.

I have made a long list of goals with different time frames of which a few consist of:

* Clean 300# before 18th birthday (Nov 26th)
* Snatch 255# before 2015 Crossfit Games Open
* Back Squat 385# before end of 2014
* Deadlift 455# before 2015 Crossfit Games Open
* Run 1 mile in sub 5:00 before Crossfit Games Open
. . .
the list goes on

I will be making a new tab of upcoming competitions shortly.

I want to end this post with a huge thank you to anyone who has supported me over the last year. I have gone through quite a few injuries (broken wrist, concussion, fractured thumb) and the encouragement that I have received has meant a lot and been extremely motivating for me. God has truly blessed me with so many great people in my life.

NOW. . . its time to see how far I can go with this whole crossfit thing!

DM

1 Timothy 4:12
Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.

Out work the hardest worker - Rich Froing









Comments

  1. Very nice blog site and write-up Drew. We are very proud grandparents, and will continue to pray that God will do great things in your life. Doug and Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Drew, been following your blog for a few months now, keep up the good work!

    I was curious if you were still planning on becoming a SEAL, or if God is leading you somewhere else right now.

    One of the supplements that I use is ATP Extreme, didn't know if you have heard of it, but just thought I would throw that out there.

    Stand Fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. As of right now my goal is to go to the Crossfit Games. Becoming a SEAL would be great and it is still a possibility. And if going the SEAL route is what I end up doing then I feel like I will be very well prepared physically other than I would have to up the endurance training. It's really dependent on where God leads me and if he opens or closes certain opportunities. I will look into that supplement ATP Extreme.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Liberty University Trip Recap

Lift, Metcon, Skill, Core