Recap of the 2014 Crossfit Games SE Regional
Back Squat
60% x 3, 70% x 3, 80% x 3, 90% x 5 x 5
195, 230, 260, 2 x 5 x 285, 5 x 285(f), 5 x 275(f), 5 x 270(f)
I don't know what happened today on these. I hit 285 x 5 for the first two sets then I just bombed up on the rest of the sets which pissed me off. After failing 285 I dropped it down and still didn't get all 5. The smolov program is extremely high volume squatting, with that said I am going to start taking my percentages from 315 instead of 325.
Power Clean
Work up to a heavy single
135, 165, 185, 195, 215, 225, 235, 245(f)
I need to work on keeping my arms straight during the pull portion of the clean. I tend to pull up with my right arm.
15 minute EMOM
Minute 1 - 6 Pistols + 2 Muscle Ups
Minute 2 - 3 Hang Power Clean + 3 Front Squat 165#
Minute 3 - 3 Bar Facing Burpees + 3 Strict HSPU
I probably could have used 175-185 on the HPC and FS, but I stuck with 165. It was more of a technique workout.
400 meter pinch plate carry at 25
I dropped it about 5 times throughout. Went pretty fast.
As I said in an earlier post I had the opportunity to go down and watch the Crossfit Games South East Regional this past weekend. I had a great time and was able to meet some awesome people. I met the Barbell Shrugged crew on Saturday and was able to get my picture with them and talk for a minute.
On Sunday I got the privalage to meet and talk with Noah Ohlsen (1st place in south east region). His advice for me was to keep working hard even if other people are discouraging you. And to try and train with people who are better than you and who will push you. Ironically, before Noah even told me that; I had been talking to Hudson Fricke (7th place south east region) about training with him. It is still out on the line, but I am hoping it will work out.
Getting better day by day!
DM
60% x 3, 70% x 3, 80% x 3, 90% x 5 x 5
195, 230, 260, 2 x 5 x 285, 5 x 285(f), 5 x 275(f), 5 x 270(f)
I don't know what happened today on these. I hit 285 x 5 for the first two sets then I just bombed up on the rest of the sets which pissed me off. After failing 285 I dropped it down and still didn't get all 5. The smolov program is extremely high volume squatting, with that said I am going to start taking my percentages from 315 instead of 325.
Power Clean
Work up to a heavy single
135, 165, 185, 195, 215, 225, 235, 245(f)
I need to work on keeping my arms straight during the pull portion of the clean. I tend to pull up with my right arm.
15 minute EMOM
Minute 1 - 6 Pistols + 2 Muscle Ups
Minute 2 - 3 Hang Power Clean + 3 Front Squat 165#
Minute 3 - 3 Bar Facing Burpees + 3 Strict HSPU
I probably could have used 175-185 on the HPC and FS, but I stuck with 165. It was more of a technique workout.
400 meter pinch plate carry at 25
I dropped it about 5 times throughout. Went pretty fast.
As I said in an earlier post I had the opportunity to go down and watch the Crossfit Games South East Regional this past weekend. I had a great time and was able to meet some awesome people. I met the Barbell Shrugged crew on Saturday and was able to get my picture with them and talk for a minute.
On Sunday I got the privalage to meet and talk with Noah Ohlsen (1st place in south east region). His advice for me was to keep working hard even if other people are discouraging you. And to try and train with people who are better than you and who will push you. Ironically, before Noah even told me that; I had been talking to Hudson Fricke (7th place south east region) about training with him. It is still out on the line, but I am hoping it will work out.
Getting better day by day!
DM
Comments
Post a Comment