Snatch correction and Backflip 180's

Snatch Workout. . .

I worked out with John McKiernan today. He helped completely change my snatch technique, which I feel will help me in the near future when I get use to the movement change. We worked up to a heavy single: I hit 185 and got under 200 but lost it while standing up. We then backed the weight down and worked technique for a while. He helped me learn the Chinese style of the snatch. Next, we did 4 sets of 2 reps at 135. Focused on going slow until the mid thigh, then exploding upward focusing on pulling it back into my hips and keeping it close to the body. I am going to continue to work on technique and hopefully the technique will feel normal in a week or two.

Split Jerk (blocks)
2 x 135, 155, 185, 205

I could have gone heavier, but I was doing this mainly just to work on getting stable and comfortable in the split.

Tempo Clean Pulls
2 x 155, 225, 255, 2 x 2 x 295

The only comment I have on these is. . . they suck!

3 rounds not for time
10 double kettlebell swings (Russian)
15 strict GHD sit ups

Bench Press
5 x 135, 155, 2 x 5 185

This was the lightest 185 has ever felt to me.

Knee Box Jumps
worked up to a max height
(4 x 45#, and 3 x 25# color comp bumper plates)

Weighted Muscle Ups with Medball

I was able to do 2 reps at 14 pounds, and 1 rep at 20 pounds.

Backflip 180 Practice

After about 50 missed attempts I finally stuck the landing and called it a day. I will post a video when I get the chance.

I am taking it somewhat easy this weak for a few reasons. 1) I have exams coming up and have to study for them, 2) I am working 4 days this week which normally doesn't happen, 3) I am maxing out on squat and deadlift this Saturday so I want to be ready to PR big time.

DM

Comments