Greenville Games 2013

This was my first crossfit competition this past Saturday. I got there checked in and warned up before my first WOD around 9:30.

Workout 1: 
3 rounds for time:  
25 Kb Swings 53 lbs 
25 Burpees over Ab-mat 
My Score: 8:23 

After this workout I took a little break and spent some time with my brother and watched some other people during there heat. Around 10:45 I went and did the skill WODs. 

Workout 2: 
Max Med-ball Throw 20 lbs - 5.76 meters 
Max Double Unders in 3 min - 205 reps 

Happy with the double unders but not on the throws. 

At 1:15 I had the third workout. 

Workout 3: 
7 minutes to find a 1 rep max Clean: 
My Score: 230 lbs ... 5 lb PR 
... 2 minutes to transition 
Max 800 Meter run: 
My Time: 2:38 

Very happy with these scores. I had the best scores in my heat on this workout. Afterwards I stayed and watched some people do there WOD. Then I went out to lunch with my dad and brother. It was good, we somewhat tried to plan out how my last workout was going to go and how I would break the reps up. 

When we got back I watched the first two heats, and during the 3rd I went and warned up since I was in the 4th heat. 

Workout 4: 
15 OH Squats 95 lbs - "Buy In" 
3 rounds for time: 
10 Thrusters 95 lbs 
25 OH Lunges 25 lbs 
My Score: 5:59 

In this workout I finished first in my heat and 5th overall. Completely destroyed my legs. 

At the end of the day I placed 14th out of 50 competitors. 
Berry happy with the standings and I plan to do this event again next year. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossfit Games Training Update

Liberty University Trip Recap

Lift, Metcon, Skill, Core