TR Half Marathon
Half Marathon
This morning I got up early and got some food in me before I went to the race. I got there around 8 to pick up my packet and to warm up. The race started at 9. After the first 2 miles I was feeling good other than my calf which had started to cramp. The cramping stopped around mile 4 and I started to feel better.
At the 4th mile I met this kid who was 13 and talked to him for a minute. After talking to him I knew I did not want him to beat me. So moving towards the end of the race with 3 miles left to go I didn't see the kid anywhere. I picked up the pace big time, I caught and passed him at mile 12. For the last mile I just tryed to count how many people I could pass, and it ended up being 21 people. My race time was 1:47:23.
I am pretty happy with that time, my goal was to break 1:50:00 and I did. I got 3rd place in my age group which is 19 and under.
This afternoon I did a small little workout.
Heavy Bag Work
3 rounds (not timed)
Hit 30 baseballs of tee w/ weight on bat
agility ladder drills
25 push ups on dumbbells
5 push jerks 115
10 jump squats 115
10 overhead walking lunges 45
random speed drills
Work Hard!
DM
This morning I got up early and got some food in me before I went to the race. I got there around 8 to pick up my packet and to warm up. The race started at 9. After the first 2 miles I was feeling good other than my calf which had started to cramp. The cramping stopped around mile 4 and I started to feel better.
At the 4th mile I met this kid who was 13 and talked to him for a minute. After talking to him I knew I did not want him to beat me. So moving towards the end of the race with 3 miles left to go I didn't see the kid anywhere. I picked up the pace big time, I caught and passed him at mile 12. For the last mile I just tryed to count how many people I could pass, and it ended up being 21 people. My race time was 1:47:23.
I am pretty happy with that time, my goal was to break 1:50:00 and I did. I got 3rd place in my age group which is 19 and under.
This afternoon I did a small little workout.
Heavy Bag Work
3 rounds (not timed)
Hit 30 baseballs of tee w/ weight on bat
agility ladder drills
25 push ups on dumbbells
5 push jerks 115
10 jump squats 115
10 overhead walking lunges 45
random speed drills
Work Hard!
DM
Comments
Post a Comment