Quads and Hamstrings

A. 
Back Squat - 5 x 7 @ 255 lbs 

B. 
Every minute on the minute for 10 minutes: 
5 Deadlifts (275 lb)
20 Double Unders 
It took 23 to 24 seconds for each round (giving me 37-36 seconds of rest) 

On the Deadlifts I focused on controlling the movement throughout rather than bouncing it off the ground to aid in getting it up. 

C. 
3 minutes of Strict Toes-2-Bar
Did not count, just went 

D. 
Run 
5 sets of 800 meters (1:1 rest) 
3:00, 2:58, 2:59, … 
(On the 4th set my hamstring got all knotted up and I had to stop. I'm guessing it was from the squats and deadlifts I had done prior to this) 

I came back and mobilized and tryed to get the knot out of my hamstring. Disappointed I couldn't do all 5 sets, but did what I could without risking injury. 

Drew Mathews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossfit Games Training Update

Liberty University Trip Recap

Lift, Metcon, Skill, Core