It's that time of year again
Yesterday I got 3 horse stall matts for flooring in my garage gym. Each of them is 6 foot by 4 foot. I will post pictures shortly.
Today's Training…
Work up to a heavy Deadlift
1 x 275, 305, 325, 345, 375
My back was a little tight on these today so I didn't go for a new PR. However, the set at 325 has never felt as light as it did today. I am definitely getting stronger.
5 x 1 Press Cluster
(Push Press + Push Jerk + Split Jerk)
155, 165, 185, 195, 205(f)
I havnt done overhead work in a while, it was nice to get back into it. 185 felt really good on the push press, the hip drive was great. But when it came to 205 I just couldn't press it up. If I could have got the push press it have no doubt I could have gotten the other two jerks.
8 minute AMRAP
7 Deadlifts (275)
35 Double Unders
7 rounds + 1 Deadlift
I found this workout on Noah Ohlsen's blog. He did this a couple years ago years and got around 6 rounds. I was aiming for 5-6 and surprised myself with a little over 7. I went unbroken on the deadlifts the first two rounds, split the 3rd and 4th rounds into 4 and 3. On the last few rounds I went unbroken. Dubs were all unbroken except I tripped up on the 5th round.
3 x 10 Good Mornings (115)
3 x 10 Wt. Ring Dips (35)
The first two sets of the dips were unbroken, but the last set I broke at 5 reps. I'm thinking I didn't take a long enough break between sets.
DM
Here is a video from I few days ago that I've meant to post, but just havnt come around to it.
Today's Training…
Work up to a heavy Deadlift
1 x 275, 305, 325, 345, 375
My back was a little tight on these today so I didn't go for a new PR. However, the set at 325 has never felt as light as it did today. I am definitely getting stronger.
5 x 1 Press Cluster
(Push Press + Push Jerk + Split Jerk)
155, 165, 185, 195, 205(f)
I havnt done overhead work in a while, it was nice to get back into it. 185 felt really good on the push press, the hip drive was great. But when it came to 205 I just couldn't press it up. If I could have got the push press it have no doubt I could have gotten the other two jerks.
8 minute AMRAP
7 Deadlifts (275)
35 Double Unders
7 rounds + 1 Deadlift
I found this workout on Noah Ohlsen's blog. He did this a couple years ago years and got around 6 rounds. I was aiming for 5-6 and surprised myself with a little over 7. I went unbroken on the deadlifts the first two rounds, split the 3rd and 4th rounds into 4 and 3. On the last few rounds I went unbroken. Dubs were all unbroken except I tripped up on the 5th round.
3 x 10 Good Mornings (115)
3 x 10 Wt. Ring Dips (35)
The first two sets of the dips were unbroken, but the last set I broke at 5 reps. I'm thinking I didn't take a long enough break between sets.
DM
Here is a video from I few days ago that I've meant to post, but just havnt come around to it.
Comments
Post a Comment