The Way of the SEAL

Warm Up: Dynamic Warm Up, ROM drills, and some technique work on the Snatch. 

Strength: Power Clean (technique) 5 x 1 x 135, 5 x 1 x 185, 2 x 1 x 205, 1 x 225 

Work Capacity: 3 rounds for time: 
   • 20 DB Snatch 50# alternating 
   • 40 Double Unders 
   • 2 Rope Climbs 15' 
7:48

Durability: Active Stretching. I also did some handstand walking practice. 




Notes: These past two days have completely destroyed my pulling strength. Arms are literally at right angles they are sore and tight. Looking forward to open registration Wednesday. I'm also planning a hiking trip for this Friday (something like 4-5 mile ruck with 60-70 lbs, camp that night, ruck 4-5 miles that next morning). 

I also just received a copy of The Way of the SEAL, I'm planning on reading that sometime soon. I'm planning on ordering more books on Navy SEALs and Mental toughness. (Ex; The Finishing School, Unbeatable Mind, etc). After school ends this year I'm hoping to get up and running with Coach Mark Divine's Unbeatable Mind training program. 
I will post later explaining more future plans and goals for the upcoming months. 

DM

Comments

  1. Read The Warrior Elite before The Finishing School. It's about BUD/S which comes before SQT so it will help to read them in that order.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crossfit Games Training Update

Liberty University Trip Recap

Lift, Metcon, Skill, Core